No matter how well a lead magnet does today to get new members eventually the effectiveness will drop off. People go blind to offers after a while. It’s just human nature. If you’re paying attention to your stats inside your autoresponder’s dashboard, you will know that it’s happening and that will signal that it’s time to create a fresh lead magnet or opt in offer to catch new people’s eyes with something different. Developing fresh freebies will energize you and your audience.
- Get People Talking – When you create a freebie you should have an ultimate reason for creating it such as moving people toward buying something specific from you. The freebie should get not only your current list members talking, but it should create buzz all around the internet so that everyone in your audience wants that freebie before it’s too late.
- Educates Your Audience – A freebie can do more than solving one problem for your ideal audience, it can also educate them about your business in terms of the kind of quality your products have. When all your products, free or not, are well made and valuable it helps them know you’re someone safe to buy from.
- Creates a Sticky Environment – If your email list members know that you may be giving away more freebies throughout their time on your list then they’re more likely to stay on the list and open the messages that you send so that they don’t miss out on a freebie. The longer you can get list members to stick around the more likely they are to convert to customers at some point.
- Creates Positive Brand Knowledge – Every freebie you create is another opportunity to pass along information about your brand. The more you can do that the more your brand will become recognised by everyone including your list members as a positive entity that they want to engage with. Plus, since your freebies are created with the same love and care that your paid products are they know what to expect from you.
- Encourages Converting – When your freebies are high quality and truly answer a problem for your audience it encourages them to want to buy what you’re offering. The reason is once they go through the process of getting the freebie it becomes easier to go through that process again but this time to check out with their credit card.
- Makes Customers Happy – Freebies make people happy. The more content you can give your audience for free, the happier they’re going to be. The more positive they’ll portray you to others, and the more likely they are to be satisfied as paying customers and buy more from you.
Freebies are a great way to not only attract new list members, but they can also revitalise your current list members. When they see something new and different it will inspire them toward acting and converting. Anytime your list becomes inactive and non-responsive you should be launching a new freebie of some kind such as a live event, webinar, report, checklist or something that will get them talking and acting.